How To Start A Blog To Make Money
The fist step make money blogging might sound too obvious but, is to just start! Some people find this simple step hard because, they are worried that blogging will not work, they are worried about what people think about their new idea, don’t know how to start or just fear of the “what if.”
This will stop today!
Make sure you have a clear view of what your blog is going to be about. Be precise because, most people make a quick decision then add content to their blog and then decide to go with a different niche. Trust me because, I was one of those people!
The same approach with your domain name. Come up with a domain name that is professional and it could be specific to your niche or it could be kind of broad for your niche. I’m sure you’ll want to change the name later if you make your decision fast.
So, now that you are 100% sure about your domain name and niche lets continue with the next steps.
Here you’ll have a few simple steps to start blogging for profits today in 7 steps!
1) Purchase Domain: Let me remind you about this process. Make sure you are 100% sure before you buy a domain and I’m going to show you two ways to get your domain and one of them the domain is free but, you pay for the hosting and the second option is free hosting for LIFE and you just purchase the domain with Wealthy Affiliates. Also, with Wealthy Affiliates you don’t have to change your DNS settings or go to a complex process to set up your websites. All you have to do is click a button and the system will upload everything for you. You could check Wealthy Affiliates for free here.
2) Find Blog Hosting: Without Wealthy Affiliate you can find some pretty cheap hosting to start with, but eventually you’ll need to upgrade to a more expensive plan. With Wealthy Affiliate you have access to unlimited free hosting for life! But, if you prefer to purchase the hosting with another company like Blue Host and learn how to install everything go here.
3) Install WordPress: Installing WordPress isn’t difficult if you have the knowledge, but for a complete beginner it can be a hell of a task. When you start a website at Wealthy Affiliate WordPress is already installed. With Blue Host you could install WordPress with one click and get a free domain.
4) Choose A WordPress Theme: Wealthy Affiliate offers 1,000s of free WordPress themes available for install with a simple click. There’re many free and paid themes to chose from and this is also an important step because, the theme gives your site the look that you want. You could start with a free theme if you want and then switch to a premium version. But, to be honest i have met super affiliates making six figures with free themes.
5) Install Important Plugins: This are tools that will help you automate your website like schedule post, create affiliate links, add ads to your website and many more things.
6) Content & Traffic: This is the most important part of this process and the most fun and tedious for you because, this is when you have to write your content, think about the keywords that you want to use, what audience are you going to target once you have your content nailed down. This phase is when you start getting some views and start monetizing your blog.
How Long Does It Take To Rank A Content?
The content could take a few weeks and months all depends on your niche. Some low hanging fruit niches are a lot easier to rank. But, don’t worry because, your content will rank if you follow a proven step like Wealthy Affiliates.
7) Make Your Blog Profitable: As I mentioned above you need to really take your time and do your keyword search, structure your articles using H1, H2, H3 tags with keywords and use long tail keywords to rank even faster. Once you do these steps you will have a profitable blog.
Also, keep in mind that you need offers, ads like Google Adsense, your products or services for your audience if you want to make money using your blog. Writing content only won’t make your blog profitable, that will be a hobby instead and most people are ok with that.
But, at least for me if, I’m taking the time to write content like this, organize the article, find my keywords, images and maybe video, I rather make money.
That is why learning how to start a blog and learn affiliate marketing are the perfect match and that exactly why I joined Wealthy Affiliates.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.